Every Tuesday, it’s friends, a craft, and a cocktail. To learn more, see all the posts together at www.toocutetuesday.com or check out the Too Cute Tuesday Facebook page.
All this month, we’re making all those food items we’ve always wanted to try. My friend Morgan sent me this link way back about how to make Naan bread via Videojug. Only 10 minutes to rise and 10 minutes to bake with 10ish minutes prep? Sounds easy to me. And with mint to use up in my fridge, it’s mojito time! (I mean, come on, what else are you supposed to do with mint?!)
1 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. demarara sugar
1 tbsp. warm water
7 oz. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. natural yogurt
2 tbsp. milk
If you want to hear an authoritative-sounding British woman give you the instructions, watch the video below. Otherwise my overly simplified instructions
1. Mix ingredients in group one together. Put aside in oven (not warm- just warmer than your kitchen) for 5 minutes.
2. Mix group two ingredients together and put aside. Add group 1 (now frothy mixture) and stir. Knead for five minutes, cover with wet towel and stick in the oven (not warm).
3. Make mojitos. Debrief with TCT friends about firefighting training and dog behavior while bread rises.
4. Take out dough and cut into four sections. Roll out but not too thin.
5. Spread vegetable oil on cookie sheet and add dough. Preheat oven for 275 degrees F and cook naan for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm, in our case, with chicken marsala (also in Videojug series).
6. Eat Indian food with a chocolate chaser. Aren’t you crafty, and now full of tasty food!