Editor’s Note: Too Cute Tuesday Saint Louis sent in this post. Thanks to Sarah for sending it in and keeping the crafting going in the Midwest!
We here at Too Cute Tuesday St. Louis love springtime (even though mostly it has just beenrainy here). And with springtime comes Easter, and with Easter comes PEEPS! We neededto do something with those delicious marshmallow animals covered in brightly coloredsugar.And that’s when we came across peepshi, the wonderful notion of sushi made of peeps.Perfect. (Peepfect?)
We used the directions here. http://www.seriouseats.com/
- rice krispies cereal
- fruit roll up
1. Discuss how long it has been since you’ve made rice krispies treats.
2. Make rice krispies treats – you want a high marshmallow to cereal ratio for easiershaping.
3. While it is still warm, pull the rice krispies treats to make a rectangle sheet. It might helpto just make enough for one roll at a time.
4. Cut the fruit-roll-up to the appropriate size and layer it with the treats.
5. Slice up the peeps as you would sushi filling, in strips.
6. Roll it all up. This part is easier if the rice krispies treats are a bit warm. If the rollbreaks, no problem, just mold it all together again.
7. Take a sharp knife and slice up your roll into bite-sized pieces.
8. Let your imagination go crazy! Regular rolls. Inside-out rolls. Nigiri. Hand rolls. Thesugary possibilities are endless!
9. Eat one. Or two. Talk about how very very sugary they are. And how much you wantregular sushi now.
Aren’t you crafty? And ready to take on the Annual Peep Show? Check it out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/070402/GAL-07Apr02-69859/index.html