It’s hard to know what you don’t know.
In 2010, Jeanne Meister and Karie Willyerd published the book “The 2020 Workplace”, in which they predicted that social media training in the workplace would be as common as ethics and diversity training by 2020.
Not only can teaching technology skills be a great move for your business or non-profit’s bottom line, it can also empower employees. Articles in diverse publications like the Wall Street Journal and The Christian Science Monitor cite that the happiest employees are ones that have received additional learning opportunities at their jobs.
Some of the benefits of training include:
- Saving time and money by using the personnel resources within your company to get more done.
- Not wasting time learning a lot of information you don’t need (like reading a ‘for dummies’ book or sitting on on a webinar with hundreds of people)
- Attracting more customers and keep current customers happy giving them customer service they want online
- Using internet marketing and other technology tools to their full potential
- Avoiding public relations crises and damaging your brand
- Ensuring tools are working together (Ex: your Facebook contest being advertised on your website)
- Increasing company communication
From workshops open to public enrollment to one-on-one coaching to custom tailored seminars, Breaking Even Communications provides a variety of technology training opportunities: