Too Cute Tuesday (TCT) is a weekly event on the Breaking Even blog that involves friends, crafting, and a cocktail. Every week it’s a different, inexpensive craft to make and a different, fun cocktail to keep things social. If you have an idea for a craft or otherwise want to participate, contact Nicole.
The French have given many wonderful things to society: pain au chocolat, coq au vin, and more relevant to Too Cute Tuesday, the art of decoupage.
At Craft Central, we were joined by the fabulous Jessica, the other Nicole (ie not the author of this blog), and Nicole’s two kiddos Sophie and Bella.
Surface to cover (in our case, frames, boxes, and canvases)
Cocktail of the Night: Kamikaze: 1/2 oz of vodka, 1/4 oz of triple sec, fill glass with Limeaid (Limeaid for the kids!)
1. Go through old magazines and make sure there isn’t any articles you have to read. 50 Makeover Tips? How did I miss that last time!
2. Head to Craft Central with supplies and Amish popcorn.
3. Pour cocktails for the adults, get out supplies.
4. Sit around the table, cut out pictures, and chat. End up reading more articles than you planned on. Oh right, we’re crafting!
5. Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to your chosen surface with a painbrush. Gently put down your cut outs, being careful of air bubbles. Try layering pieces of paper; the paper is so thin and you are going to put on several coats of Modge Podge anyway so you don’t have to worry about it feeling bumpy.
6. Apply several topcoats to protect the design and give it a little shine, letting each coat dry before applying the next.
7. Have an attractive something to display wherever, even in your ‘zen room’. (That Bella has some cool ideas!)
Aren’t you crafty, and just a smidgen more French?