Yes, I look about two rollerskates and a tattoo away from becoming part of a roller derby and most of you commenters liked my tough look. Here's another pose and a continuation of yesterday's link love having loosely to do with the twelve steps of recovery.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
How Big Is Your Halo?
According to a Freakonomics guest poster, we judge strangers on fairness more harshly then our friends and ourselves.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Eva Longoria's Short Hair – And Weight Gain- Explained
I think People magazine needs to apologize to me and every other non-skinny person out there for this article (I linked it with its original title). Because Fat Eva Longoria (for a character who has "let herself go") looks an awful lot like Normal Nicole. Perhaps People can make amends with an America Ferrera article.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Ten Steps To Financial Success For A Minimum Wage Earner
Trent at The Simple Dollar directly targets advice that few personal finance bloggers touch on: the minimum wage earner. The comments are as interesting as the post, some a little heated (clearly a compelling discussion).
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
21 Ways To Make Your Blog Or Website Sticky
I'm taking constant inventory of my site and tweaking but good ol' Problogger challenges us to inventory things we haven't even thought about.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
Surround Yourself With Constant Reminders
Gather Little By Little is a God-based personal finance blog. I really liked this post from a few months ago about surrounding yourself with constant reminders as to why you are saving money (or I guess the operative action would be not spending money anyway). If you need a little boost, God-based or otherwise to improve your attempts at financial goals, check this out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
I really enjoy this blog for the exact reason I get to interact with people who enjoy life without feeling the need to spend money they don't have. Check out the blog roll for some excellent examples of other people trying to pass on positive messages to others!