Think only high tech businesses benefit from social media marketing?
The Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound is an excellent case study showing how even some place without its own WiFi connection can connect with customers and potential customers online.
Josette Pettegrow, owner of the Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound, knew that they could be doing more online but was too busy selling lobsters and making customers happy to do more than sporadically update her Facebook page.
What we started with:
- A website they just had designed (not by us) that prominently featured content from their Facebook page
- Facebook page with 457 fans that had been sporadically updated the first part of the summer (mid May through June 2013)
- No Pinterest or Twitter accounts (but an interest in doing both)
- A TripAdvisor page with 220 total reviews (5 reviews posted in 2012 and ranked #2 of 12 restaurants in Trenton, Maine)
- A Yelp page with 97 reviews
- An Urbanspoon account with 93 votes and 17 comments
What has happened for Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound in 2013 during our six months of work?
- Increased the number of Facebook fans by 55%
- Created profiles in Twitter and Pinterest and built fan base to close to 100 new fans
- 80 new reviews on TripAdvisor after we took over in 2013 (a 1600% increase in reviews from 2012- we’re not counting the ones at the beginning of the season when we weren’t doing their social media either)
- 29 new Yelp reviews
Josette was so thrilled with the results that she renewed the six month contract for the whole off-season. “You are doing a fantastic job, much appreciated!”