We love a nice, recycled craft as much as the next group which is why this Readymade idea was perfect to do this week.
We all crashed Dorrie’s house, even though she’s away for the week and even left her a little present. More on that in a bit…
Exacto knife and cutting board
Cocktail of the Night: Anything involving selzer or other canned beverage
0. Make yourself a drink to empty the can and relax a bit.
1. Use the can opener to cut the top off the can. Cut a slit down the side of the can and the bottom off the can using scissors. You essentially want a flat piece of metal.
2. Hold the switch plate you want to use under the metal piece. Where the screw holes are, tap a screwdriver to make small, appropriately sized holes in the metal.
3. Bend the corners at 45 degree angles to fit around and over the switch plate. See kids, geometry does come in handy!
4. Keep some excess metal to bend around the four sides of the switch plate but cut off the excess before folding.
Note: Soda cans were fine for small switches but the wider ones (two holers) will require a beer can, which is wider.
Double note: Watch out once you cut the can, these edges are sharp!
So for a few minutes of effort, you too can have a conversational light switch. Aren’t you crafty, with rockin home accessories!