Too Cute Tuesday is a weekly event involving a craft, a cocktail, and friends. To get crafty, check out the Too Cute Tuesday archives, follow Too Cute Tuesday on Facebook, or contact Nicole about crafting (we have a chapter in Saint Louis for example- wohoo!).
With Halloween coming up, I’ve been having cravings for Halloween-y things, among them popcorn balls which my mom sends me every year. This year, upon getting my care package, I thought, “Hey, I can make that!”
A huge bowl of popcorn
1/4 c. corn syrup
1 tbsp cold water
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 stick of butter
1 c. marshmellows
extra butter for hand sculpting
pink sprinkles, optional
(This recipe, basically halved: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/best-ever-popcorn-balls/)
Cocktail of the Night: Il Bastardo red wine, because as Jessica says, “It has antioxidants”
1. After a conversation with sometimes Too Cute Tuesdayer Jessica over the weekend, decide to incorporate a clothing swap into the night’s craft, which happens to be popcorn balls.
3. Clean out closet, resolving to get rid of at least 25 articles of clothing. Get rid of more, cleaning is fun!
4. Open wine, have Jessica arrive at Craft Central. Where is everyone? Oh well, here’s us starting…
5. Melt syrup, water, sugar, butter and marshmallows over medium heat.
6. Once melted, stir into popcorn, coating all kernels. Cover hands in butter, because it’s fun, and shape into balls. Wrap in waxed paper. “It needs something.” Jessica says. Add pink sprinkles because “Why not?” Jessica is a pretty quotable crafter!
7. Drink more red wine (antioxidants!) and try on each other’s crazy clothes. Jessica loves Nicole’s leopard print snuggie and Nicole love’s Jessica’s ridiculous tank top. Everyone goes home with a few new things and the rest will go to charity later this week.
Seriously, these popcorn balls are fan-tastic. Seriously, way better than I expected. And so easy!
Aren’t we crafty, and just a bit silly?